Sword of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword of Truth

Ogame uni 1

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Diablo 3 info

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:21 am

This is just were ill be posting any knew info about Diablo 3 cause the other post was pretty much over and on that subject i do have a few things to add

A user posting in on Dfans about the random lvl generator of d2 asking if it would be like that in d3 and Bashiok said and i quote.

"We definitely agree randomized levels have some key issues with them, but they are a big part of what makes a Diablo game, and how could we not have them? The Diablo franchise is built on randomization in all forms."

Randomized levels can indeed create a very generic feeling if not done well. We're working really hard to ensure that doesn't happen though. It's actually one of the reasons why our exterior layouts aren't randomized. It's extremely difficult to have wide open areas be randomized as well as interesting. Instead we have static exterior zones where the roads, towns, and edges are always in the same place. To keep some bits of random in there though we have a bunch of small, medium, and large pieces cut out of them. In those cut out pieces the game can then place the randomized "adventure" sets. They could be artistic in nature (a fountain, an abandoned cart), they could spawn extra enemies, or they could spawn quests.

Our interiors are randomized, but we do some things differently that help make them more interesting. I think we accomplish this mostly by using our interior jigsaw pieces more intelligently, building more and different types of jigsaw pieces, and also because our artists are amazing. I don't think anywhere in Diablo III are you going to think "This place is not visually interesting". The types of interior pieces do make an enormous difference, and I think we're pretty good at it now. In Diablo II for example you pretty much had a few standard square set pieces, and then a bunch of hallways. We still have those in Diablo III but we're mixing it up a lot more with more intricate and interesting 'showcase' pieces that make it seem like they're not even randomized levels.

Anyway, that's all just something you have to see to believe.

So what do u think the randomization of d2 got a bit boring after a while when you play it so much u remember which way to go on which random generator. I remember ironman showing me and frager that trick in the tower cellar if u follow that 1 wall then u will always find the next lvl.

bounce
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:54 am

well, if u think about it, u can follow a wall and u will find a door, eventually.

but for what they are saying, it sounds good. but i guess we will have to see how it does when it comes out
Back to top Go down
http://www.oppforces.com
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:01 am

frager23 wrote:
well, if u think about it, u can follow a wall and u will find a door, eventually.

You will find a door, but sometimes not the right door. In durance of hate level 2, after the 1.12 patch, I occasionally ran into a map where the way to level 3 was in the center of the map. That really threw me off. If they do things like that in D3 then it's definitely going to add some difficulty about the game.

Also, if they add randomized side quests, that'll make D3 way more interesting, unlike the standard six or three quests that D2 had. I guess the unique monsters could be considered side quest, but they didn't tell you where they were, and the unique monsters looked just like the regular monsters recolored. pale
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:03 am

There are random side quests that you can do while following the main story of the game.
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:41 am

i just watched the barbarian and the witch doctor gameplay trailers for the umptenth time and a couple things i noticed that will be coming back. Scroll of Identity, minor healing potion(also the globes that give u health), Gothic armor, ancient armor, gauntlets, scroll of town portal, gold of course, short staves, their was some type of rune but i think runes are going to be a little different than in diablo 2.

Some other things i noticed but never really paid attention to. The witch doctors pets are really rocks that he summons out of the ground, and when he makes them exploded they shatter and go flying in multiple directions. When the barb has the ice and lightning axes he freezes one of his targets and stuns the others with the lightning. When they face the giant centaur at the end the female witch doctor gets stepped on and crushed. Also the one that is similar to the confuse of the necro does a lot more damage then it did in diablo 2.
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:23 am

interesting, i hope they bring back ubers.
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:14 pm

kira862 wrote:
There are random side quests that you can do while following the main story of the game.

In D2 or D3?
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:15 pm

D3
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:33 pm

ok this is just funny so i figured i put it just to make u 2 laugh

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20435

oh and be sure ti check out his picture on the tshirt i think its the second to last post
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:53 pm

interesing, i liked d2, i would like them to keep some parts, but change others
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 am

Just an update well more like a HUGE UPDATE new class has been released called the monk cross of a assasin and pally. check it out at diablo3.com
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 am

sweet
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:43 am

check out the footage at youtube theres a particulary good vid of each of the four classes going at it. O and looks like its going to be 4 players in a game for the max. Theres a crap load of other info if u want to check it out a diablofans.com
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:47 am

I'm guessing it's to lower the chances of lag.
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:23 am

ironmangamern wrote:
I'm guessing it's to lower the chances of lag.

Thats what i figured to
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 am

it would make sence, i bet there making the game so people with DSL can play the game online, like with d2 (at first) u could play it online if u had dail up
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:35 pm

yeah u have to have dsl to play it online this time
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:12 pm

i figured, and that is not a problem, as dial up is going the way of the floppy disc
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:11 pm

frager23 wrote:
i figured, and that is not a problem, as dial up is going the way of the floppy disc
HEY! I still use some floppies. There's a lot of really fun games on them. Mad
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:40 am

rofl, i know floppies are still around, and same with dial up, but almost no one uses them anymore.

i havnt seen a floppy in my house in years!! but that last time i saw one was at the high school, the librarian had a few
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 am

leadhead has dial up
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 am

kira862 wrote:
leadhead has dial up

like i said, they are still around, but no one really has them or uses them, not very many people still have dial up or still use floppies.

and i have a floppy drive in my tower, but its not pluged in at all but somehow my computer still detects it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

Location : Impatiantly waiting for posts on the ogame RP. Come on people!!

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:56 pm

kira862 wrote:
leadhead has dial up

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:44 am

Not really something about diablo 3 but diablo 2 about the new 1.13 patch that is coming out.

The Warcraft III patch has been released but in order to resolve some persistent issues work is not yet moving to the Diablo II patch. Again this involves some very high priority issues that need to be resolved before work can continue on D2 1.13

We'll keep you updated as work progresses.

End Quote

... OMG HOW MUCH LONGER

And a few things that have been confirmed about this patch 1. Respec is an option not sure what it will cost though. 2. This is more of a rumor but they might upgrade inventory space.
Back to top Go down
kira862

kira862

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:49 am

Something about d3 this time. Not sure if u guys remember but the witch doctors zombie dogs(or mongrels either way its their summon guys) were able to be empowered by the witch doctors locust swarm and then later on the fire bomb while cool at first cause they do extra damage its hard to control when u use it on them since your most likely casting fire bomb and locust swarm alot. Blizz rep had this to say about it.

It's not an issue of coming up with various ways the effects could work, it's the issue of why is it interesting or fun to switch between the two? Why/when/how would I choose to set my dogs on fire versus poisoning them, and most importantly! could it be done accurately enough so that it actually makes a difference?

"Ok I'm a firebomb WD.
Firebombing, firebombing... Oh sweet, my zombie dog lit on fire and is doing extra damage/trail of fire/etc etc
Firebombing, firebombing. Yup, he's still on fire and doing all that stuff.
Still on fire.
Always on fire since I use firebomb so much.
... still on fire.
This might as well be a passive."

Repeat the above for locust swarm.

"Ok I have firebomb AND locust swarm!
Firebombing, cool he's on f... wait nope I accidentally hit him with locust swa... nope now he's on fire agai... ok they need to stop getting in my way I want them to be on fire but they... ugh.
This should just be something I can choose/switch in a more meaningful way

Passive would be good could choose between poison or fire or if they could make it easier so u dont accidently light them on fire.

Edit:
Okay 1 more thing I forgot about. Runes apparently in D3 affect skills. They havent really gone into much detail about exactly what they do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Diablo 3 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Diablo 3 info   New Diablo 3 info I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Diablo 3 info
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next