Sword of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword of Truth

Ogame uni 1

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any Terry Pratchett Fans?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

Location : Impatiantly waiting for posts on the ogame RP. Come on people!!

Any Terry Pratchett Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:53 pm

I love the Terry Pratchett Discworld books! study They're hilarious! But they also usually have some sort of meaning to them. Anyone know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:01 pm

I enjoy reading Terry Pratchett and I kinda want to get back into the MUD. However, I've only read a few of his books, so I'm not what you'd call a fan.

I've told Leadhead this before. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:02 am

well, yes. i knew about YOU. i was wondering about others. and you should read more of the books.

hmmm... i havnt gone on the MUD in a while either. hope my characters not deleted.
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm pretty sure he's not deleted. I've been inactive for about six months one time and I was still there.

So, about everyone else. Even if it's to say you've never heard of him or don't really care to read the series (I'm sure some of you are thinking that) just say it.
Back to top Go down
Lgeg

Lgeg

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:08 am

never heard of 'im.
*awaits trolling*
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:09 am

TROLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

You need to read him! They're hillarious! (I keep saying that word, but its TRUE!) you are not a real person untill you have read at least one Terry Pratchett book.

good titles of his books are:
Going Postal
Guards! Guards!
Thud
Monstrous Regiment
Jingo
Hogfather
Reaper Man

There are many more, of course, but those are some of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 3:48 am

I thought the Wee Free Men was funny. Still need to read the second book about them. study
Back to top Go down
Lgeg

Lgeg

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:41 am

what kinda comedy is it? like just straight forward lolololol
or the kinda funny that is only funny when you think about it
or situational comedy
or trying too hard funnY?
haha
Back to top Go down
Lgeg

Lgeg

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:42 am

Sir Leadhead wrote:
TROLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!
you are not a real person untill you have read at least one Terry Pratchett book.

and what does this mean? lol what am i now?
AHH I'M A GHOST!
COME HERE MARTH!!!

=]

sorry for the double post it was ftl Smile
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:58 pm

lol, whatever. I think the only person that cares about others double posting is frager.

From what I've read, most of his works are situational comedy, with a little of the other kinds mixed in. Like for example: One of his books (think it's called Equal Rights) is about how all witches are women and all wizards are men (big difference in the kind of magic they use What a Face ), yet somehow, a wizard accidentally passes his powers on to a girl. It's not quite as funny as the Hogfather (I was laughing almost the entire time I was reading it), but you can still see the irony of the situation.

If I missed something or said something I shouldn't have, quickly correct me Leadhead!
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:16 pm

you were right, iornman. the wizard passed his staff to the 8th son of an 8th son (8 is the magic # on the disc), but no one checked the gender of the baby untill it was too late.

hogfather is tied for my ultimate favorite with jingo. they really are lol books.

the humor is a wide range, but it mostly consists of satire on the stupidity of man and lolololol 'ness. you need to read it and see.
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:15 pm

I remember in moving pictures someone from the alchemist guild made popcorn. Of course they didn't call it popcorn, instead they called it white fluff. And how animal sounds are not wuff or meow, they're more like mearouw or some drawn out sound that actually represents the sound a lot better. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:50 am

yeah, nd in moving pictures he had a giant girl pic up the Librarian (who is an orangatan) and climb the tower of art. get it? a giant girl picks up an ape and climbs a tower? instead of the other way around?

sombody please guess what im reffering too.
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:57 am

idk why put ive this is my first post here, and ive never acually read what u guys are reading because i dont know who this person is...
Back to top Go down
http://www.oppforces.com
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:38 pm

*tackles frager and beats him with a Terry Pratchett book*

JUST READ ONE!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:55 pm

Ah yes, the librarian! The librarian is a lucky person/monkey to be able to live such a simple life... At least they say he's quite content with his life.
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Sir Leadhead wrote:
*tackles frager and beats him with a Terry Pratchett book*

JUST READ ONE!!!!!!!!

what was that?? i didnt read ur msg as i dont read posts on this topic, i just reply randomly
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:25 am

thats lame. you need to read the threads to know what your talking about.
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:28 am

Sir Leadhead wrote:
thats lame. you need to read the threads to know what your talking about.

i know what im talking about, just sometimes i dont care Wink
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:05 am

He's just trying to get more posts. Anyway Leadhead, who's your favorite character?
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 am

ironmangamern wrote:
He's just trying to get more posts. Anyway Leadhead, who's your favorite character?

no im not... *walks away slowly, then runs away*
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:08 am

Ask a hard question why dont you.

I'd say either Commander Vimes or Death are my faves. Moist von Lipwig is pretty cool too. and Cohen the Barbarian. and... argh! I like them all!
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:07 pm

lol, I know how you feel. Just from the few books I've read, all the characters are very entertaining, even the boogyman. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:57 am

yeah, no kidding. such a great character and hes only there for like, 3 pages!
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Yeah, I think if he met any other character besides death's granddaughter we wouldn't have seen how amazing he really was. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Terry Pratchett Fans?   Any Terry Pratchett Fans? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Terry Pratchett Fans?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next