Sword of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword of Truth

Ogame uni 1

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ohio court system....fair?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lgeg

Lgeg

ohio court system....fair? Empty
PostSubject: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:15 am

offense:
1 moving violation. Loss of control of a rear wheel drive car on wet pavement in minimal visibility and colliding with a car in stealth mode. (no lights)

punishment:
  1. 4 months suspended license with work privileges only (no school) after 15 days of suspension.
  2. withheld license.
  3. mandatory remedial classes.
  4. $50 violation fine.
  5. $80 court fee.
  6. 2 points on my license.
  7. Only aloud to get gas on the way to work, and if anything is purchased besides gas at the stop I lose my license for an additional 6 months.
  8. If I break any of these rules my license is gone for an additional 90 day minimum.

fair?
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:53 am

did this actually happen to u??? because damn, thats totally not fair
Back to top Go down
http://www.oppforces.com
Lgeg

Lgeg

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:20 am

yepp. got back from court earlier today. total bullshit. no one was hurt or anything but i got raped in the ass over it.
[-.-]
kinda made up for it... in universe 7 some rank 500 guy attacked one of my little ally members. I went all out and blew his brains out xD
revenge hit ftw
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:30 am

lol nice
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

Location : Impatiantly waiting for posts on the ogame RP. Come on people!!

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:26 pm

were you drinking? even below the legal limit?

not that im insulting your charecter or anything, just theres got to be more to this than meets the eye.

OBJECTION!!
This is objectionable!
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:40 pm

What did the other guy get? It better not be that you have to pay for his car. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lgeg

Lgeg

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:11 am

nope, sober as a jew on the sabbath.
was on my way to work, and the guy came over a hill without his lights on in the pouring rain and i got nailed during my left turn.
He didn't get anything, it was 100% my fault, as
1) lights are not a law in Ohio
2) there's no way to prove he didn't have his lights on in the first place.

You want to know what is the "more to it than meets the eye" ?
it's because I'm under 18 and just got my license less than 6 months ago.
but you know what,
it's an ACCIDENT, not like I coulda helped it. Sorry I'm not clairvoyant
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 am

yeah the court system his hard, really hard (thats what she said) on teenagiers, and early 20's, simply put, the government is ageist (but they are in the first place because of the drinking age, and the driving age)
Back to top Go down
Lgeg

Lgeg

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:34 am

well I see why driving age is in place... i wouldn't want any 14 year old fucks out on the road. i remember when i was 14... nope, wouldn't trust myself.
And the drinking age is mainly in place to keep teens from getting shit faced at bars and then driving.
So instead they go and get wasted at unsupervised parties where anything can happen and there are no rules and such, then drive home drunk.
I don't know, drinking age is such a touchy subject, a huge debate will end up opening under this post.
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 am

yep, me and cereal killer have discussed this a lot with a class we took together, what we both agreed on (and most of the class) is that "soft" alcohol should be ok at 18 (soft meaning 3.2% ethanol or less) then the harder stuff (higher then 3.2) should be legal at 21, its kind of what they have in Germany, but Germany has younger drinking ages.
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:03 pm

How old is the other guy? Also, I want to know more details about the accident, I see it's raining, you're making a left turn, and he didn't have his lights on.

1. What was he doing?
  2. Were your lights on?
  3. Time of Day?
  4. Layout of the intersection. (4-way, 3-way, at the bottom of a dip, a hill, two hills, etc.)

Just want to get a better picture of the accident. silent
Back to top Go down
frager23

frager23

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:35 am

ironman, u could make a good lawer
Back to top Go down
Lgeg

Lgeg

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:24 am

ironmangamern wrote:
How old is the other guy? 19 Also, I want to know more details about the accident, I see it's raining, you're making a left turn, and he didn't have his lights on.

1. What was he doing? driving his big truck to wherever doing whatever, no clue
  2. Were your lights on? yessum. always in NE ohio. lol.
  3. Time of Day? Dawn, around 6:30 in the morning.
  4. Layout of the intersection. (4-way, 3-way, at the bottom of a dip, a hill, two hills, etc.) I was on a side street more or less, and turning off of the stop sign of a state route (87 to be exact), he was coming over a hill as he hit meh

Just want to get a better picture of the accident. silent

there are mah answers.
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Oh man, that really sucks. I'm guessing the reason you got all the blame was because you were turning onto a state route (where you're supposed to yield to oncoming traffic) and his truck, even if it's big, since he didn't have his lights on you couldn't see him. Really sucks when the laws lineup perfect for the other person and you just get the shaft. Evil or Very Mad

He should have gotten some of the blame since he was the one that hit you. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lgeg

Lgeg

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:10 pm

one would think...
but hey.
its over.
nothing I can do about it.
filling out my papers for AAA traffic school now....
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Well, I hope the work is easy enough to do.
Back to top Go down
Lgeg

Lgeg

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:39 am

yeahh.
I'm not as mad anymore.
inconvenienced, and i occasionally feel that ping of rage, but i'm more or less over it..
Back to top Go down
ironmangamern

ironmangamern

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:35 pm

That's a plus. Good job getting over it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Leadhead

Sir Leadhead

Location : Impatiantly waiting for posts on the ogame RP. Come on people!!

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:47 am

bummer, man...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ohio court system....fair?   ohio court system....fair? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ohio court system....fair?
Page 1 of 1